Music at Ashfield Valley
The Value of Music within our Curriculum
Music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity. A high- quality music education should engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
National Curriculum for Music, September 2013
At Ashfield Valley we believe that developing a love for music is crucial and we do this, by inspiring curiosity and providing children with the essential skills and knowledge to build upon and prepare them for the next stage, this in turn:
- Inspires children to develop a life-long love of music.
- Increases their self-confidence, creativity, and imagination and provides opportunities for self-expression and a sense of personal achievement.
- Allows children to develop and explore their talents in all aspects of music including composition, singing, appreciation and
- To experience different genres of music and a wide cultural knowledge of composers
- Allows all children equal access to music through a wide variety of tuned/untuned percussion and pitched instruments showing an awareness of correct usage.