Computing at Ashfield Valley
"Alan Turing gave us a mathematical model of digital computing that has completely withstood the test of time. He gave us a very, very clear description that was truly prophetic."
The Value of Computing within our Curriculum
At Ashfield Valley we believe that developing a love for learning in computing is crucial, and we do this by inspiring curiosity and providing children with the essential skills and knowledge to build upon and prepare them for the next stage. This in turn:
- Supports the learner’s understanding of the ever-increasing use of technology, preparing them for a future of possibilities.
- Provides them with the skills to think critically, justify and reason their own judgements using logical rational and evidence, allowing them to question, debate and discuss information, not just accept what they are told.
- Develops the understanding that technology is constantly evolving and preparing them with the skills of how to cope with situations online that they may not have been faced with before.
- Allow learners to understand the diversity of the world and the people in it, thus allowing them to understand more about their own online identity.
- Prepares children to be lifelong learners, who are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of technology.
- Develops the skills and attitudes required to allow children to fully participate in and contribute to life in modern Britain.
Children should have usernames and passwords for Purple Mash and TT Rockstars.
Please contact the school office if these details have been lost.
Clink on the links below to visit the websites:
We follow the Purple Mash Scheme. Children have the opportunity to use iPads and Laptops during lessons.