Year 6 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 6
Class Teacher: Mrs Fry
Teaching Assistants: Mrs McGrath, Mrs Ghaffar, Mrs Shafqat
- PE lessons will be on Mondays. The children will need a plain white T-shirt, plain black, joggers, legggings or shorts and black pumps.
- The children will get new spellings on a Friday and be tested the following Friday.
- Please encourage your children to play Times Table Rock Stars at home (the log in information is in the front of their reading record books).
- The children should read at home as much as possible. They can record their own reading in their reading records or an adult can do it for them.
- The children will need a labelled, re-usable water bottle to be taken home daily to be washed and re-filled.
- Please ensure that all clothing is labelled with your child's name.
This half term is going to be jam packed as we prepare for our final assembly, get ready for high school and continue with lots of fun learning opportunities now that our SATs are behind us. In English this half term we will be reading lots of different texts including Hamlet by William Shakespeare and Goodnight Mr Tom by Michelle Magorian. We will be continuing to work on our writing across the curriculum. Your child will be revising all areas of mathematics - focussing on filling any gaps in learning before the transition to their new high school in September. Our topic work will include: evolution and inheritance, electricity, our world in the future, healthy smoothies, using perspective in our drawings, spreadhseets and much more!
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 6: Events items
There are no Events items to display