Year 6 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 6
Class Teacher: Mrs Fry
Teaching Assistants: Miss Dunnett
- For PE the children will need a plain white T-shirt, plain black, joggers, legggings or shorts and black pumps.
- The children will get new spellings on a Friday and be tested the following Friday.
- Please encourage your children to play Times Table Rock Stars at home (the log in information is in the front of their reading record books).
- The children should read at home as much as possible. They can record their own reading in their reading records or an adult can do it for them.
- The children will need a labelled, re-usable water bottle to be taken home daily to be washed and re-filled.
- Please ensure that all clothing is labelled with your child's name.
Autumn 2 in Year Six
- In our art lessons, we will be learning about colour and painting to draw flowers in the style of artist Georgia O’Keefe.
- In RE, children will be finding out about the concept of Ahimsa which is the ancient Indian principle of non-violence against humans and animals.
- In maths, we will be learning about prime numbers, factors and multiples; dividing fractions; fractions, decimals and percentages; and area and perimeter. All children have a log in to TT Rockstars which is a great fun way to practise if you have internet access.
- In English we will be studying Jayne Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
- In computing we will be learning about blogging whilst in science we will be learning about electrical circuits.
- Our history learning will focus on how education has changed since 1066.
- We will be developing our gymnastics skills in PE.
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 6: Events items
There are no Events items to display