Year 6 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 6
Class Teacher: Mrs Fry
Teaching Assistants: Mrs McGrath, Mrs Ghaffar, Mrs Shafqat
- PE lessons will be on Mondays. The children will need a plain white T-shirt, plain black, joggers, legggings or shorts and black pumps.
- The children will get new spellings on a Friday and be tested the following Friday.
- Please encourage your children to play Times Table Rock Stars at home (the log in information is in the front of their reading record books).
- The children should read at home as much as possible. They can record their own reading in their reading records or an adult can do it for them.
- The children will need a labelled, re-usable water bottle to be taken home daily to be washed and re-filled.
- Please ensure that all clothing is labelled with your child's name.
In English this half term we will be writing a diary entry and working on editing and improving our writing. We will be completing lots of reading comprehension activities in preparation for our SATs tests in May. We will be revising all of the spelling rules that we have learned as well as grammar and punctuation. We will be working hard to ensure that we can spell all of the words from the Y5 and 6 spelling list.
In maths, we will be revising all areas of our learning this year in preparation for our SATs. After SATs we will be preparing for the transition to high school, making sure that we have a good knowledge of key mathematical facts and skills. In science, we will be completing our topic about microorganisms and living things as well as learning about the work of scientist Alexander Fleming.
In RHE we will be continuing with our topic of financial awareness and budgeting. This half term the children will be developing their throwing, catching, batting and fielding skills as well as using these to play games of rounders. This term in history we will be learning about education from 1066 to the present day. We will be making comparisons about what school was like, who was allowed to go to school and the subjects that were taught there. In RE, we will discuss, “What is good and challenging about being a religious person in Britain today?” and draw upon what we know about the religions that we have studied.
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 6: Events items
There are no Events items to display